GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Photo 22 of 25 from Ronny`s 2003 Chevy Suburban 8,1 liter Vortec LT Autoride

LPG tank in the back.....capacity of180 liters

Photo Added
03-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Album
Ronny`s 2003 Chevy Suburban 8,1 liter Vortec LT Autoride
Added by
Ronny

Photo Comments

1. s5belford
    holy crap!!! how many miles/kilometers can you drive with that much fuel?
  2. Ronny
    Well......running on LPG it is very variable, depending temperature, what kind of driving (i.e. city, highway, etc.), but between 500 kilometers - 650 kilometers.

On Gasolin, well, the 8,1 consumes a bit, hehe. But, between 2,5 and 3 liters \ 10 kilometers....approximately.
    Haven`t measured it accurately yet.

But with the 180 liter LPG tank + the 140 literfuel tank, the range is quite long you might say
  3. lsutoms
    what is the LPG if i could ask? this is a very clean looking truck!
  4. Ronny
    LPG.....Liquified Petroleum gas....it is the same as I use in my caravan for cooking food
    Propane gas mostly. I think it is actually a mix of propane and Butane or something. But as said, it is the same gas you use on your stove.
    It is supposed to be a environmentally friendly alternative, but here in Norway the government still live in the utopi of having us all ride around in electric cars.....lol. I don`t see that it is gonna happen in the near future but......
    LPG in Norway is pr. litre half the prize compared to regular gasolin. So it is cheaper.
    My car automatically switch to LPG when the temperature in the engine is correct....and when I am out of LPG....switches back to regular. Works like a charm.
Showing Photo Comments 1 to 4 of 4