GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

retired2001

1. Been awhile, so I'll update my progress.

I bought my truck to pull behind my motor home and as a daily driver. I now have the base plates (for towing); brake buddy wiring; tow lights wired; front windows tinted; i-pod hooked up to "XM1" via a "gateway". Now all I have to do is get myself in shape to drive to Oregon by May.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New Truck!

Well, my wife let me go to the car dealer by myself and I drove home a new Colorado! It is a 2010 Z/71 Crew Cab 4X4 V8 and it is Black on Black! It had 3 miles on the "clock" and is definitely brand NEW! It also has the G80 w/4:10 gears. I will probably wish it had 3:73s, but it sure has plenty of "get up and go"! I'll get some pic's when the weather clears up a little. Meanwhile I'll enjoy that "new truck" feel!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Oil Change, again!

Well, I went by O'Rilleys and bought a new Fram oil filter and a quart of Royal Purple. I was supposed to change the filter after 4000 miles, but it got streached to 5500. My son came by and pulled the oil filter and put on the new one, added a quart of RP and hauled off the old stuff. Looks like I need to buy one more quart, to top it off. Good for another 4000 miles!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Another oil change plus "State Inspecton"

Well I had to have the truck inspected and I had the oil had the oil changed at the same time. I was going to go back to Mobil 1, but there was only $7 difference to stay will Royal Purple. I'm good til the next oil change and it only cost me $94.45! Oh well, oil is cheaper than PARTS!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Another Oil Change out of the way

I went to get my oil changed this morning and it only cost $32.99. This time they only changed the filter, lubed, svc'd and "topped off" the oil (1.5 qt.) of Royal Purple. You pay for the original oil change where they change out all of the oil and filter and svc. After that every 4000 miles you change filters and "top off" the oil. I've gone through 8000 miles now and have not seen any real improvement over the Mobile 1 I was running. I will probably go back to Mobile 1 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast