GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

My notes and thoughts about the projects I complete on my Suburban, Bronco, and various other things and events in my life.

The goal of my Suburban is to build it up while keeping it visually classic, while utilizing modern technology to enhance safety, power, and comfort.

1. 93 Bronco: An Overview of Things Needed and Things to Come

Well, as I said before, I bought a 1993 Ford Bronco XLT for $300. It was not running when I bought it, but I have had a long-running relationship with this truck, so I know how it runs, its quirks, and what it needs...Or so I thought. I drove this truck a good bit on back dirt roads, and beat the living daylights out of it. This particular truck is how I fell in love with Broncos in general.

Anyways, I laid the truck up probably about 4 years ago because it has some drivability issues, ...
    Categories
    Ford Bronco
  2. The Bronco Got a Brother!

Yesterday, my Bronco had a new brother show up. He's slightly younger than his older sibling, but in much better condition body-wise. It's a 1993 Ford Bronco XLT. It's got the 5.0L EFI engine, an E4OD transmission, Borg-Warner 1356 transfer case, and a Ford 8.8 under the rear and a Dana 44 TTB under the front. He's got 214 thousand and some change miles on him. Currently doesn't start, but should once I change the battery cables and chase down some other electrical issues. It also needs a tuneup ...
    Categories
    Ford Bronco
  3. Latest Updates to My 1-Ton Suburban Upgrade

Check out the latest updates to my 1-ton conversion on my Suburban:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...l=1#post292070
    Categories
    Suburban
  4. Starting a Huge Conversion Project

It's going to be big, huge, insert your favorite large synonym here! I'm going to be converting my 1991 Chevy Suburban 1500 2wd into a monster 3500 4wd! Check out the details here:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41287
    Categories
    Suburban
  5. Cruise Control Fixed

Well, after owning the Suburban for about 3 years with no cruise control, I fixed it! I always knew what the issue was, but didn't want to spend the money to fix it.

The cruise control servo on my suburban is an old vacuum motor style. It has a rubber diaphragm with an aluminum boss on it that is a loop to hold the hook-side of the throttle linkage. Well, that loop had ripped out on my previous cruise control motor, so the cruise couldn't pull the throttle.

Replacement ...
    Categories
    Suburban
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by