GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Suburban

Blog entries about my 1991 Suburban

1. Brakes are Done

I finally replaced the rubber brake hoses on the Suburban that were dry rotting on me at a quick pace. They hadn't given me any trouble yet, but I didn't want to risk a brake hose failing on me while driving. I also emptied the brake system of as much of the old fluid as I could, as it was likely 18 years old. It was a severe pain to complete because the hoses went THROUGH the frame on the front and were hard to get to. Bled the brakes. The pedal feels about like it was before the work, which seems ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  2. Caught up with 2 Years Worth of Projects

Well, I finally caught up with 2 years worth of projects that I have been meaning to get done, but needed another person to help me complete them. I changed my front brakes, greased the front bearings, replaced the hood release cable, and replaced the heater core on Saturday. I still need to replace my brake hoses because they are rotting out and my ball joints. Then I'm on to a front end rebuild and hopefully swapping the entire drivetrain and suspension out with 3/4 ton parts and possibly moving ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  3. Dash Re-assembled

Well, I actually got the dash reassembled....right! Unfortunately I didn't convert the dash lamps to LED yet, but when I get the time, money, and vendors to cooperate with me, I will get the lamps and install them. The dash all in all wasn't that hard to dissasemble or reassemble. The hardest part was getting the dash pad out and realigned because it's a very tight fit.

My center console project is stalled for another week or two until my uncle and I can get cracking on it ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  4. Stalled on my project

I've been trying to go all-led on my Suburban following my ripping into the dash finally to change the burnt-out bulb for my speedometer. So, the truck is still sitting with no dash pad on it whil I'm waiting for a quote on LED lamps for the entire truck. I think I need to email my vendor and tell him to just get me the bulbs for the dash for now so I can at least put it back together and drive it some...
    Categories
    Suburban
  5. Progress on the carputer

My uncle and I have been working on finalizing the installation of the truckputer and the center console. We have taken the console back apart after I put 2 coats of spar varnish on the wood. We then glued black speaker box carpet on the large flat sections of wood and have started stretching and wrapping it around the edges. It's coming out pretty well. I'll have to snap a few pictures of it. I still need to find a power inverter to put in the console for mobile 110AC.
    Categories
    Suburban
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by