GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Suburban

Blog entries about my 1991 Suburban

1. Installed a new CB in the Suburban

Well, I've been wanting to do it forever, and now I finally have. I bought a Galaxy DX959 CB for the suburban and I have temporarily installed it until I can finish the console and get everything wired and tuned. I bought a Lil Wil mag-mount CB antenna to go with it just until I can find a K40 for sale.
    Categories
    Suburban
  2. Truckputer Installed

After probably a year working on getting the truckputer installed, I finally got it done. I had acquired all the parts for the build probably close to a year ago and just had to build the center console to house it all. However, I don't have the neccesary skills or tools to build it myself, so I worked with my uncle to build the console. That's what held everything up for so long. Over the Thanksgiving holidays we both had time to work on it, so we did. While it didn't come out as perfect as I would ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  3. Quick Update

Today I replaced the plugs in the Suburban after I replaced the coolant temp sensor in the side of the block that stopped working. While I was replacing the coolant temp sensor I figured what the hey, I've been wating to check the plugs, now is a good time. So, I pulled the plug of the #6 cylinder, one of the 2 that went dead during the transmission incident as a result of the plug wire burning through. I found the porcelin on the insulator chipping off.

So, I bought 8 new Autolite ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  4. I think I found the blasted ATF Leak!

Yup, I knew I still had a leak somewhere, I just couldn't track it down because it wasn't fast an obvious. It looks like it's leaking onto the front u-joint and then slinging it all over the bottom of the truck. The problems never stop. To make things worse, I think I may have a squeal coming from the motor that I'm thinking might be the rear main seal or the crank at the rear main. See this thread: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...6402#post66402 for the details on my misadventures ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  5. First "Real" Tow Since The Transmission Replacement

Well, yesterday was the first time I've towed anything with the Suburban since replacing the transmission. I had to go get the trailer from Picayune, which is about 20 mins from my house. Trailer weighed about 2000 pounds. It was one heavy U-Haul car hauler. When I picked it up, even empty, I definitley knew the trailer was back there. Even loaded, my cousin's trailer didn't feel like it was back there. However, his trailer was much longer and we were using a wieght distributing hitch with it. Well, ...
    Categories
    Suburban