GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

My notes and thoughts about the projects I complete on my Suburban, Bronco, and various other things and events in my life.

The goal of my Suburban is to build it up while keeping it visually classic, while utilizing modern technology to enhance safety, power, and comfort.

1. Dash Re-assembled

Well, I actually got the dash reassembled....right! Unfortunately I didn't convert the dash lamps to LED yet, but when I get the time, money, and vendors to cooperate with me, I will get the lamps and install them. The dash all in all wasn't that hard to dissasemble or reassemble. The hardest part was getting the dash pad out and realigned because it's a very tight fit.

My center console project is stalled for another week or two until my uncle and I can get cracking on it ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  2. Stalled on my project

I've been trying to go all-led on my Suburban following my ripping into the dash finally to change the burnt-out bulb for my speedometer. So, the truck is still sitting with no dash pad on it whil I'm waiting for a quote on LED lamps for the entire truck. I think I need to email my vendor and tell him to just get me the bulbs for the dash for now so I can at least put it back together and drive it some...
    Categories
    Suburban
  3. Got New Shoes!!

I finally bit the bullet last weekend and bought some new tires for the Bronco. They are some 31x10.50x15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA/KO tires. So far they ride nice, are an inch larger than my previous tires, and 3 inches larger than stock, and aren't too noisy, though they are noisier than my previous ones. I like 'em, now to just get them dirty!
    Categories
    Ford Bronco
  4. Progress on the carputer

My uncle and I have been working on finalizing the installation of the truckputer and the center console. We have taken the console back apart after I put 2 coats of spar varnish on the wood. We then glued black speaker box carpet on the large flat sections of wood and have started stretching and wrapping it around the edges. It's coming out pretty well. I'll have to snap a few pictures of it. I still need to find a power inverter to put in the console for mobile 110AC.
    Categories
    Suburban
  5. Installed a new CB in the Suburban

Well, I've been wanting to do it forever, and now I finally have. I bought a Galaxy DX959 CB for the suburban and I have temporarily installed it until I can finish the console and get everything wired and tuned. I bought a Lil Wil mag-mount CB antenna to go with it just until I can find a K40 for sale.
    Categories
    Suburban
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast