GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

My notes and thoughts about the projects I complete on my Suburban, Bronco, and various other things and events in my life.

The goal of my Suburban is to build it up while keeping it visually classic, while utilizing modern technology to enhance safety, power, and comfort.

1. It's coming...

Sunday, 3:30pm... We're getting the first on many rain bands to come. It's raining on and off, but when it's raining, it's hard and with big water drops. I got the stuff that was left on the front porch off of the porch. I also moved my car to the middle of the front yard to try to minimize trees falling on it. Here Gustav comes...
    Categories
    Hurricane Gustav
  2. Hopefully I'm ready....

It's Saturday night. I think Gustav is scheduled to make landfall Monday night. I'm hoping I'm ready for this. The yards are cleaned of most everything that can be turned into a projectile. We used what boards we had to board up the windows as best as possible. We took all of our drinks and loaded them into the fridge, set the fridge to its coldest setting, and loaded the freezer full of ice. I have a 75 watt inverter in the car to charge phones and laptops. I have 3 different laptops fully charged, ...
    Categories
    Hurricane Gustav
  3. Big parts/tools run today

Today I hope to spend a good bit of money, I guess.... I need to go rent a steering wheel puller and a steering wheel lockplate kit, buy/order 2 seals for the transmission, the yoke seal and the seal that mates the tailshaft to the rest of the transmission. I also need to head over to sears and snag me a set of the external torx sockets so I can fix the steering column. It's gonna be a b*tch to get to the e-torx bolts in the column, but the column's getting pretty damn bad....
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I think I found the blasted ATF Leak!

Yup, I knew I still had a leak somewhere, I just couldn't track it down because it wasn't fast an obvious. It looks like it's leaking onto the front u-joint and then slinging it all over the bottom of the truck. The problems never stop. To make things worse, I think I may have a squeal coming from the motor that I'm thinking might be the rear main seal or the crank at the rear main. See this thread: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...6402#post66402 for the details on my misadventures ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  5. First "Real" Tow Since The Transmission Replacement

Well, yesterday was the first time I've towed anything with the Suburban since replacing the transmission. I had to go get the trailer from Picayune, which is about 20 mins from my house. Trailer weighed about 2000 pounds. It was one heavy U-Haul car hauler. When I picked it up, even empty, I definitley knew the trailer was back there. Even loaded, my cousin's trailer didn't feel like it was back there. However, his trailer was much longer and we were using a wieght distributing hitch with it. Well, ...
    Categories
    Suburban
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 Last Post byLast Post by