GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

My notes and thoughts about the projects I complete on my Suburban, Bronco, and various other things and events in my life.

The goal of my Suburban is to build it up while keeping it visually classic, while utilizing modern technology to enhance safety, power, and comfort.

1. Transmission Fixed for Good!! (Hopefully)

Well, during the 4th of July holiday, my uncle, cousin and I got under my truck and buckled down and got a lot of work done on my truck. We got my transmission dipstick seated properly so it won't leak ATF from the case where the dipstick belongs and we also got all the leaks in the cooler line fixed by way of installing an aftermarket transmission cooler. Wow, what a pain in the rear! But, is worth it in my opinion. We set it up so it doesn't use the factory transmission cooler in the radiator ...

Updated 07-09-2008 at 01:52 PM by Crawdaddy

Categories
    Suburban
  2. 8-Lug Conversion Plans

Wow, the water gets even muddier... While planning for my 8-lug conversion that coincides with my GM 14-bolt conversion, I realized some potentially bad news... the lift kit that I was planning on purchasing for the Suburban states that it only works with 5 lug vehicles. Well, it's 5-lug not, but it wouldn't be for long if I drop that 14-bolt axle in the rear. No way in hell am I going to have 2 different bolt batterns on the truck. So, because of that, it looks like I'm gonna have to ditch the ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  3. Finally Got Something Done...Kinda....

Well, I made some progress with fixing the transmission. I readjusted the TV cable at the TBI and it seems to be shifting about as well as when I first put the transmission in the truck. Since the truck is now mostly driveable again, I was able to run it over to get the inspection sticker renewed, since it was expired by a week or two... I can't quite decide whether to bring the truck to a transmission shop to get it fixed to 100% or not. Since I could be pulling the motor soon, the adjustment will ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  4. Rain Delays

I don't know if anyone else in the south has been having this problem, but for the past 3 days it has been raining every evening very hard. It's been keeping me from being able to get under the truck and pull the valve body on the transmission. I web-chatted with cottmann representative and he gave me a decent idea as to what is wrong. It's probably the TV valve getting stuck. So, he suggested a test I can try to unstick it. I'm a little worried that I screwed it up on the initial installation. ...
    Categories
    Suburban
  5. Got a new radio installed in the truck

Well, I got tired of having to fight with the POS Audiovox Rampage radio that I stuck in the truck when I first bought it. It has had a problem from day 1 since I've taken possesion of it (it was my in F*rd Contour that I bought from my uncle as my first car) where the volume buttons would screw up. It would also sometimes have problems where it wouldn't turn off and as a result, drain the battery. Not good. So, I had some extra cash laying around, and I decided to splurge and buy the Pioneer DEH-P880PRS ...
    Categories
    Suburban
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 Last Post byLast Post by