GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Hurricane Gustav

My notes about hurricane Gustav.

1. Life back to normal

I didn't get around to posting earlier, but a day or two after my previous entry, we regained power. Life went back to normal quickly after that.
    Categories
    Hurricane Gustav
  2. Power's Out

Well, around 7:45am today, we lost power at the house. Prior to that, we had the power blink on and off sporadically, but everything was ok. As of now, my wireless router is being supported by a UPS. I have 3 other UPSs to spare, one of them being significantly bigger than the others. I just heard on the radio that there was a tornado warning in central St Tammany parish, which is where Slidell is located. We're sitting here patiently waiting for something to happen. Well, that's all for now. I ...
    Categories
    Hurricane Gustav
  3. It's coming...

Sunday, 3:30pm... We're getting the first on many rain bands to come. It's raining on and off, but when it's raining, it's hard and with big water drops. I got the stuff that was left on the front porch off of the porch. I also moved my car to the middle of the front yard to try to minimize trees falling on it. Here Gustav comes...
    Categories
    Hurricane Gustav
  4. Hopefully I'm ready....

It's Saturday night. I think Gustav is scheduled to make landfall Monday night. I'm hoping I'm ready for this. The yards are cleaned of most everything that can be turned into a projectile. We used what boards we had to board up the windows as best as possible. We took all of our drinks and loaded them into the fridge, set the fridge to its coldest setting, and loaded the freezer full of ice. I have a 75 watt inverter in the car to charge phones and laptops. I have 3 different laptops fully charged, ...
    Categories
    Hurricane Gustav