GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Ford Bronco

Notes about what I've done and what I want to do to my 1982 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0/302, C6 transmission, NP208 transfer case truck

1. 93 Bronco: An Overview of Things Needed and Things to Come

Well, as I said before, I bought a 1993 Ford Bronco XLT for $300. It was not running when I bought it, but I have had a long-running relationship with this truck, so I know how it runs, its quirks, and what it needs...Or so I thought. I drove this truck a good bit on back dirt roads, and beat the living daylights out of it. This particular truck is how I fell in love with Broncos in general.

Anyways, I laid the truck up probably about 4 years ago because it has some drivability issues, ...
    Categories
    Ford Bronco
  2. The Bronco Got a Brother!

Yesterday, my Bronco had a new brother show up. He's slightly younger than his older sibling, but in much better condition body-wise. It's a 1993 Ford Bronco XLT. It's got the 5.0L EFI engine, an E4OD transmission, Borg-Warner 1356 transfer case, and a Ford 8.8 under the rear and a Dana 44 TTB under the front. He's got 214 thousand and some change miles on him. Currently doesn't start, but should once I change the battery cables and chase down some other electrical issues. It also needs a tuneup ...
    Categories
    Ford Bronco
  3. Got New Shoes!!

I finally bit the bullet last weekend and bought some new tires for the Bronco. They are some 31x10.50x15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA/KO tires. So far they ride nice, are an inch larger than my previous tires, and 3 inches larger than stock, and aren't too noisy, though they are noisier than my previous ones. I like 'em, now to just get them dirty!
    Categories
    Ford Bronco
  4. Tie-Rods Installed

Yesterday I got all the tie-rods replaced on the Bronco. It was a pain, but I got it done. I did my best to mark on the old tie-rods with tape where they were adjusted to to try and get the alignment close to right. I know it won't be prefect, but it's hopefully close enough to bring it to the alignment shop. I'm hoping I torqued all the bolts down enough. The torque spec on the main tie-rod bolts was around 75 foot pounds and the adjuster sleeve bolts were around 45. I torqued them to whatever ...
    Categories
    Ford Bronco
  5. So far, so good

Well, the a/c is still holding out. Last night I went outside and started the truck up. Turned the a/c on and it was icy in about 3 seconds. I would guess that if it was going to go out, it would have done it in the first day or two after I recharged it. Looking back my methods were probably very incorrect, but it got the job done. I'm trying to figure out if the pressure switch is bad on the accumulator. A tech said that it's bad because I had to ramp the low side up to 70psi before it would start ...

Updated 11-16-2008 at 10:33 AM by Crawdaddy

Categories
    Ford Bronco
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast