GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

The Rise of Black Betty!

So I figure I'll start writting about the road Betty's goin from Stock to what I have in mind for her!

1. RECON Snag

So there I was washin the truck when I noticed a couple of wet spots in the upper corners of my back window. At first I thought it was the back window itself leakin (warrenty issue), but (thankfully? TBD...) turns out the trouble was my RECON 3rd brake light. It was a teo part fault. First part was user error, in my exhuberance to install the light I over tightened the light putting small cracks in the exterior housing (voiding the warrenty). Second problem was product related. Turns out the ...
    Tags: diablew, recon
    Categories
    My Ride , Projects & Updates
  2. RECON Projector Headlight Install

Hey ya'll! Just got back from Vegas and installing the new headlight! Gotta tell you, it was NOT as easy as I was expecting it to be! Aside from pretty vague installation guides, we had a tough time finally calibrating the lights properly. After spending the better part of the day pulling the old lights out, we then went to work installing the old wiring harness into the new housing. This required splicing the L.E.D.'s from the turn signal indicator and Halo rings into the power supply. This ...
  3. Final Lighting Upgrade Frustrations.

On one hand I'm am incredibly excited that my last parts for my RECON lighting upgrade are on their way ! I do have to say that I don't think I'll be purchasing their product again for quite a while due to FedEx and a lack of assistance on their end. After my last fiasco with FedEx, the Guys at Recon told me to call them up next time I placed and order so that they could ship it USPS next time and avoid the problems I was having. Sounded Great until I realized that they're in Florida ...
  4. Tail light Install

Well I FINALLY was able to install the new taillights! The hardest part gettin them in was runnin the new cables to the connecter behind the bumper. Those freakin clips were a pain to remove, especially with the spare tire in the way ! Course once we lowered the tire installation was a breeze! Black Betty's almost done with the exception of two things now: Projector headlights and some long pipe exhaust headers! Soon as I get the cash flow back, I'll finish her up!