GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

The Rise of Black Betty!

So I figure I'll start writting about the road Betty's goin from Stock to what I have in mind for her!

1. Diablew Tuning II

Well I've finally installed the first of Lew's tunes! So far it has definitely improved the performance of the truck! The stock Trinity 87 Octane tune was a lot more aggressive on the shift points (VERY hard shifting), where as Lew's tune has smoothed out the shifting. He may have smoothed it out, but it still shifts a LOT more quickly than stock! I've also noticed a more smooth engine performance throughout the RPM range, which is nice! I'm expecting a slight MPG gain because of this, ...
  2. Diablew Tuning I

I finally received my Trinity a few days back, and immediately started tinkerin with it! After talkin with Lew, I went ahead and installed the 87 Octane tune to get a baseline. Boy what a difference that makes already! At this point, I'm not too interested in what MPG gain I've received, as I can't keep my foot off the gas at this point! The shifting has become a lot more aggressive and responsive! I'm giddy to think of what the next few weeks will be like, as I continue to refine the tune ...