GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

crane3447

1. We're home!

Well, our 2nd US road trip has come to an end. I'm sorry its all over but not even a bit sorry that I can now sleep in my own bed again. Not to mention my own shower. Whats up with some hotels having a shower that Mini Me could only enjoy. Do they have to mount the shower head 4 1/2 feet high? Anyway, heres how we spent the last of our trip.

In my last entry we were in a hotel in Santa Rosa, NM. We made our way to the Grand Canyon from there in a day. Stoped at the Petrified Forest ...

Updated 08-31-2008 at 11:59 AM by crane3447

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. progress report on the trip

Man! What a busy few days. Kansas City is a great city. About 20 members of my wifes family met their for her borthers wedding. You can imagine 20 some Newfies going arooud downtown till all hours of the night. Hell of a time though. I think, so far I packed on about 10 lbs in 10 days. Drive, eat, drink. Thats it. Oh and catch some sleep when we can.

Left K.C. on Tuesday morning, after sleeping in, and drove straight to Houston. Chased her brother in his Subie' forester. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Road trippin' in the Us

So here we are. Kansas City, Missouri. Third day of our 3 week road trip.

We left on time from Calgary at 10:30 Wed. morning. Made it here by 4:30 (local time) on Thurs. 30 some hrs of wheat and corn fields. Wow that was a boring drive! But not that it was bad drive. Wife's Saturn Vue ate up the miles (and Kms) with ease. Averaged about 29 mpg( 35 cdn) with the exception of one tank of fuel bought in Winnipeg that I only got 25.5 Same speed. Same driving conditions. Strange? ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized