GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Springthing

1. Why won't my mustang just work!?

So for the past year I've been having trouble with the mustang. It kind of sucks because that's my gas saver. It's a v6 mustang so it's good on gas.

The car started to lurch. The car started to stutter. The car started to hesitate on the road.

So after a little bit I got to being able to get the nerve up to fix what I thought was the issue. Plugs and wires.

So I did my plugs, my wires and I sat in the car and went for a short drive and POOF! it works ...

Updated 11-07-2010 at 07:48 PM by Springthing

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ok...now it's time to vent. Brakes on 1999 Suburban K2500. (Part 2)

Friday morning I head up to the dealership. I have a few coffees in the waiting room and they come back, finally, with the fact that the ABS light is on because the front left (driver's) ABS sensor is out and needs to be changed out. But the whole assembly is one unit and needs to be changed out, along with the bearing thing..etc etc.

Until then, 'we can't bleed the brakes, the ABS system has to be full functional first'

$460.00
    Each.
    They need to do both ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ok...now it's time to vent. Brakes on 1999 Suburban K2500. (Part 1)

W. T. H?

I'm serious right now...wth is up with this stuff??

First, let me say....this is primarily me, venting. I've said most of this stuff before but now I need to get it all out.

I don't even know where to start.

I've had this Suburban for a few years. In that time I've had to replace the front pads four times. I've looked around, I've done some research, and I understand that the brakes for this truck aren't top notch. It won't stop ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. It's an engine SWAP! Laying the groundwork.

More for my sake than anyone, I have decided to write a little about the 454 engine swap out of the 1999 Suburban. I won't be making a How-To, that's for sure, but it will be nice to chronicle the steps to getting a new motor in front of the truck.

I started by digging around a little, asking questions to people online, an engine builder in the area, and doing a little research.

With 205,xxx miles on the truck it's about time I just take care of the problem once and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ultimate Truck Gear Rocker Pods - Real World Use Update!

Weeeeeelll... it's been not quite a year since installing the Rocker Pods from Ultimate Truck Gear. Wow. Just... wow!

Florida.. Canada.. Vegas.. numerous trips to St. Louis, and countless local trips. I can only estimate but I believe I've gone about 20,000 miles since their installation last May(ish). If I went out side and cleaned them up with the hose right now - they would look like they were just installed yesterday. I kid you not!

They have gone through water, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by