GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Springthing

1. Breaker 1-9..breaker 1-9.. got me a new CB, c'mon back!

Yep!

I feel like Jerry Reed. I want to start singing about the open road.. about the miles of straight strip... convoys!

Got me a CB Radio a'comin'!

I've been wanting to get a radio for some time now. Ever since I moved and haven't been a FF/EMT anymore I've missed the radio chatter! I've found myself on YouTube, listening to videos with trucker radio traffic on it. How sad is that?

So I set about trying to find the perfect setup for The Sarge. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ultimate Truck Gear Rocker Pods - Second Road Trip Is Just Around The Corner...!

Well, it's Friday. It's just after 10am. It's the 3rd of July. No big whoop. Just hanging out at the bookstore's coffee shop, browsing the GMTC, and whiling away the time before I go home, put the Suburban in the shop building and get to cleaning the wheels with polish. I've already washed and waxed it yesterday but I'm sure I'll be doing it again on Tuesday.

See, here's the thing..

I'MGOINGTOCANADAVIAROADTRIPINFIVEDAYSANDICAN'TFREA KIN'WAITCUZIT'SGOINGTOFREAKIN'ROCK!! ...

Updated 07-03-2009 at 10:54 AM by Springthing

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ultimate Truck Gear Rocker Pods - First Road Trip

With the recent addition of the Rocker Pods (RPs) from Ultimate Truck Gear (UTG) I was looking forward to a road trip to Florida for a family vacation. I had just installed the RPs and was thinking of what to fill them with. So much to choose from!

Below is a list of what I ended up putting in the RPs for the trip:

• A box with an array of handtools including, metric/standard wrenches, m/s mini socket and wrench, several different pliers, wire cutters, allen wrenches,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ultimate Truck Gear Rocker Pods - Installation

Well, so I've received the Rocker Pods from Ultimate Truck Gear. I've enlisted the help of a friend that's wanted to help with the RPs ever since I told him about them. He wishes he had a truck to put them on, I'm sure.

With this being the first Suburban to have a set of RPs, Peter from UTG set off to find one he could borrow for a few weeks in order to get measurements and see about where mounting brackets could go.

The RPs arrived with three brackets per side, all the ...

Updated 06-12-2009 at 11:29 AM by Springthing

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ultimate Truck Gear Rocker Pods - Ordering and Shipping!

Well, I thought I'd get started with keeping track of how the RockerPods measure up to real world use.

To recap - I've won a set of Rocker Pods from Ultimate Truck Gear. Rocker Pods are, essentially, storage/tool boxes that fit below the rocker panels of a truck.

Peter, owner of UTG, and I went through the motions of ordering RPs as customers would. The whole process took only a few minutes, really.

UTG's website is divided by truck application. From GM, to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized