GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Blog Comments

You still like these bad boys?
    Didn't know anything about Rocker Pods, somebody had the smarts to design them for pickups when large versions have been on moving vans and car haulers for years
    HOWDY IF THE PLUGS AND WIRES DINT WORK ID SUGGEST CHECKING YOUR FUEL FILTER AND LINE.RESCUE89
    Thanks for the post! I had actually never seen or heard of these until I saw a picture of 1st Synthetics's ride in the Red Truck picture thread. They caught my eye to say the least. This is definitely something I'm going to look into. Like Steve mentioned in another post, they look great on that suburban. Overall, I like what you've done with it. Those certainly add to its ruggedness and utility.
    Well, that definitely is a more involved process, but it still appears that the whole unit bearing assembly just bolts to the knuckle. If I had to guess, I'd say this is just a 4-6 hour job going in with no knowledge of how to pull things apart.
    If it's the ABS sensor that needs to be replaced, that should be a fairly simple ordeal. One bolt and it slides out. If it's the tone ring thingy on the hub then yeah, the process is more involved, but cetainly something you should be able to handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10
    Good luck.
    Having swapped a big block or two in the past I dont blame ya one bit for finding someone else to to the job, as we get older and have a little more $$ it makes sense to pay to get somethings done rather than burn up our precious short time off wrenching on things.
    Look forward to hearing a good report on sarge in the near future.
    This guy doesnt need an engine swap he needs a set of hd wilwoods for that thing
    Whered you find a reman for $2K and a 100K mile warranty.. IM jealous!! My local shop quoted me @ $2200 for a reman 350.
    Glad to hear your going ahead with the build....
    Good luck.
    Having swapped a big block or two in the past I dont blame ya one bit for finding someone else to to the job, as we get older and have a little more $$ it makes sense to pay to get somethings done rather than burn up our precious short time off wrenching on things.
    Look forward to hearing a good report on sarge in the near future.
    Good to hear that they are still holding together for you, I figured the road salt would have eaten them alive. Your trucks looking real good from what I saw in your album, and I was kind of shocked to see that you still had that Range Rover front end on your truck. If I remember right you were thinking about taking that off, at any rate it looks like you have been working hard on your truck.
    Nice blog on the RP's Steven!
    Monday! Woohoo!!! Delivery scheduled for Monday which means... about 3 or 4pm on Monday which gives me plenty of time to hook things up! Wooooot!!!!
    The little handheld units can usually attach to an external antenna, but their transmit power and reception usually still sucks. Cobra's a good cheap radio. I have a galaxy 959 or 949...something like that. I spent $200 on the sucker. However, I'm able to reach out and smack people with it, and I don't even have a "great" antenna yet. Hope you get yours in time for your trip.
    Ya, I've got the hood mount coming with it. I think I may do away with that if I get it on Monday (which will leave me enough time to get a more complicated install done) and punch a hole for a cowl mount. We'll see what I have time for!
    I use the little rubber w/ magnetic mount attaches like Smokey and the Bandit. I just drove I-40 coast 2 coast last monthfor a funeral and didn't even use CB/ cobra ROADTRIP$99.00. I throw an lose external speaker on the dash, works good enough.
    HMMM!! Wind tunnel.....I never even concidered that LOL!!.....Great write up Steve, glad you had a good time.......OK I'm going to find a wind tunnel, always thought how they might look on an F1 race car....
    You could be a writer, I swear. Glad to hear everything went well. The Pods look great and it certainly seems they picked someone that would really get use out of them. Can't wait to hear the next installment of "CHROICLES OF THE PODS"
    Ya drove through LA without stopping and saying hi! Shame on you, shame. Glad you like the Rocker Pods.
    Wow, great write up! That would be interesting to put a vehicle in a wind tunnel and do a comparasion with and without the rocker pods to see if it does keep the drag down on the rear-wheels when going down the road...
    Well, had I had the tools I needed from the start it would have been closer to 2 hrs that's for sure. The second side took us just over an hour.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast