GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Old Furniture Restoration!

I purchased 4 solid wood Dining Room Chairs from a WOOD YOU furniture store and have completed two of the chairs, in the process of finishing the other two. Now I have done wood working but am still quite a amateur, the chairs have turned out decent, but my out cry is for repairing/staining some of my inherited Grandmothers furniture that could use a touch up. The one piece is a desk with some scroll work, has some of the original color left on it and eurethene on the top and front without the stain, something I was asked by my Mother to do when I was young, aggressive and unfamiliar with this type of project. I have another Desk, China Hutch to try and touch up but would experiment with the already attempted desk. Any suggestions, experiences, professional advise,tools(some I have)for this would be greatly Blog appreciated. The wood is Mahogany, dark stain and is from the early 40's I believe, made in Buffalo New York.

1. Old Furniture Restoration!

Have just about finished the last two chairs with Clerethene and they will be completed, not to bad for the first projects, will post pic's when able.
    Categories
    Uncategorized