GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Ronny`s Big Block `Burb Blog

Ronny......well that`s me.
Live in Norway, drive US cars, and don`t want anything else since my first US car, a 1976 Dodge Aspen....
My first Suburban was a 1991 GMC Suburban, 6,2 Diesel engine, bought in december 2000.
I loved that car.
Then I sold it off to a "Norwegian Cowboy" from more south in Norway, he is still using it for towing horse trailers. Nice Work Horse that one.

Second Suburban was a 1998 Chevy Suburban, 5,7 Vortec, bought december 2007. Also a good car. But bought it just temporarly, sort of, as I realised i really wanted the 8,1.

But, it brings me up to November 2008, and on my 34th birthday I came home, in my driveway with my "dreamcar".
A 2003 Chevy Suburban 8,1 Vortec, LT Autoride, and a installed LPG system.
And believe me, Suburban got a whole new meaning after starting to play with that car.
It is just fantastic.

So, let`s see here, if I can maintain a Blog.......the Big Block Burb Blog.....well.....4 B`s

Enjoy folks, and feel free to comment !!

All the best
Ronny

Ronny Iversen

Make your own badge

1. ...a while since the last time I was here....

Quite a while, it could be that the car has been working excellent and that I have been very busy at work.
    Well, the car has a problem......as described in this thread http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...f-the-ignition

Strange some of those electrical problems, and really annoying when you can`t figure out whyyyyyy.
    Well, during last weekend the solution was to take off the negative on the battery each ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New car 2.....I went for the 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo 2,5 diesel

Yes.
    I convinced her that this was the car for her
    So last weekend We drove about 3 hours and picked it up. It is a nice Jeep, considering that it has 338 000 km on it. Most of the car was freshly overhauled, so I am not concerned about the mechanics. All in all I believe I have made a good buy, and so far she`s happy with it on those wintry, icy Norwegian winter roads. Nice......next time I might convince her to step it up a notch and go for a Tahoe ???

Tags: jeep
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I have most likely bought a secondcar here formy girlfriend.....

As she didn`t want as big as a suburban, and Tahoe was also too big, I landed on a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2,5 td.......possibly picking it up on saturday.....nice.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cooooldest November in somewhat 65 years here.....and the Big Burb keeps rollin`

Well.
    Some time since the last post, but nothing much has happened either.
    Finally got my new third brake light from the US, and it was nice.....smoke coloured glass, clear LEDs made it suit perfectly with the black. Also obviously as it is winter I have borrowed some old rims for my wintertires, taken from a 2004 Chevy pick up 6,6 duramax, and found that they build more than my original rims...hmmm....and i thought they were the same. So now the tires points about 2 cm outside the body, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My 1998 Suburban 5,7 LT finally sold

Yes......
    After a long struggle my 98 sub was sold here the other day.
    Due to the crack in the block, and no time or space to do it myself I let her gp way too cheap.....NOK 45000 including new lights all around and headrest DVD`s.....but anyhow, I needed my driveway back, lol.
    So I mounted the manifold and all back into place, actually droveit a short distance and delivered it to a car freighter.
    She was sold down south in Norway, to a place called Notodden.
    Wish ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by