GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between 95CTburb19 and 1988blueburb

2 Visitor Messages

1. No problem. It really isn't all that hard. You will need to get some new U Bolts which they will almost definitely have at pep boys. I know at the Autozones by me they come in these red packages that say lift/lowering ubolt kit. Its like 20 bucks or something. It will help if you have a grinder to cut down the ubolts when installing them. I searched around and found this. http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...6SPL306.1.html

I would do an add-a-leaf if I were in your situation. The only leaf springs have definitely seen better days. Putting blocks under them may cause more stress which could possibly make them snap. I've heard about those shock springs but never actually seen a set so I can't really give an opinion on those. I did a set of add-a-leaf's in my jeep and they were easy to put in and have held their height really well. Let me know if you need any more info
    Dan
  2. Thanks for the advice so far. I am very mechanical, but have never done anything like this. What do I need to get started and where would I buy the parts? There is a Pep Boys near me. Also, I can't decide on adding a spring, block, or shock springs.....
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2