GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between strat804 and stephan

3 Visitor Messages

1. I guess it wasn't much side to side more rotating. The in and out seems better but didn't help with the whine much. I'm just scared at this point to overtighten and would rather have someone experienced re adjust it for me before I do any serious damage.
  2. You're welcome Strat. Is all the side to side play gone, as well as the in & out play? (By side to side, I mean pushing side to side, not twisting or rotating as in driving the pinion like the drive shaft does)
    If so then my best guess is that you will need to pull the yoke out & measure it. While the yoke is off you also can easily pull the front bearing out & see if it is nicked. I doubt that it is because this all started when you took the nut loose & got the adjustment lost, but still it's worth a look.
  3. Thanks so much for your help so far. I tightened the nut up some and feels a little better but still whining. I'm scared to go anymore. I got a local guy I'm going to try and get to look at it. He stays so busy i though it will probably have to sit for a bit. I'll be sure to update the thread when I get some new info and hopefully resolved.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3