GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between Darknesss23 and TRPLXL2

4 Visitor Messages

1. Ahh I see... a bunch of my friends just got HID sets... lol good ole reliable Ebay... between 3 friends, they had 4 sets... each set had a broken or malfunctioning ballast...lol... I am not sure what I want to do yet... as I can get the PIAA's or the HID sets for about the same price...
  2. The PIAA bulbs were $74.99 a set, and I had two sets in my headlights one for the high beam and one for the low beam. I got a lot of flack from members on here about the cost, but I really didn't want HID's because everyone has them. I was super happy with them, I actually just bought two more sets of them for my S-10 which will be going in next summer. Another reason I didn't go with HID's was I had no where to mount the ballasts, I already had a ton of wiring run through that truck.
  3. I just threw it out there because a buddy of mine has a white pontiac grand prix and he works at a GM chevy dealership... his boss is gonna help him put glow in the dark pin strip/racing strips on his white car... its a powder mix that you put directly into the clear coat he says... i told him to go for it because it would be different and new...
  4. That's a good idea actually, I am thinking of going with a lime green paint for the trip needle. I am going to use green LED's for behind the gauges, and a white face overlay so the glow in the dark paint would be cool. Thanks for the idea!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4