GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between Scooter and lsutoms

4 Visitor Messages

1. oh i completely understand that feeling man. that is the reason for my horns and my sirens. I think that the air hose that i have is 3/8". They use to satisfy my needs but i think i'm about to run a 3/4" or a 1" hose to them just to push a little more air through them.
  2. Hey thanks for that info....I'm really wanting to run it just for yhe horns...there are people who o would like to let know how I feel when they cut me off.
  3. hey man i have the horns mounted where the extra battery spot is under my hood. I have a 5 gallon air tank in my tool box and the compressor is a viar compressor. I wanna say its a 400 series maybe.. its rated for 200 psi max and its a 100% duty compressor. The compressor is in a pressure relay that is connected to the tank. I think it cuts on at 120 psi and cuts off at 180 psi. Its a great set up to run the horns themselves but if you plan on running any kind of power tools id reccomend running 2 compressors. It will keep up with my horn with no problem but when airing up large tires i have to wait for it to refill most of the time after filling 2. let me know if you need anything else man
  4. Hey if you ever stop by the site again, How do you have your airhorns running, and what kind of setup do you have to running the compression from inside your toolbox???
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4