GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between chschevy58 and TexAg95

13 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Joey,

I'd really like to go with the 4" Readylift, I called and talked to them about it working with my aftermarket wheels. They say I will need their 7/8" wheel spacers on my front wheels to prevent rubbing the upper arm. The specs on my wheels are 17x9, 12 offset and 5.47" backspace. I'd like to run either a 285/70/17 or 295/70/17. I hear some mixed opinions on using wheel spacers on this forum, some people say as long as they are secure no problem, others say they will put extra stress on the wheel berrings. I'd prefer NOT to use the wheel spacers if I can prevent it. Could you find out from your buddy with the 4" Readylift what his wheel specs are? You have already told me that he is running a 285/70/17, so I'd like to hear about his offset and backspace of his wheels and if he is okay without the wheel spacers. Thanks!

Mike
  2. I considered the rough country 5", but it says minimum 18" wheel so I had to rule that one out. Will you ask your buddy with the 4" readylift and 17" if he is experiencine any rubbing anywhere? When I spoke to the guys at readylift they said it wouldn't work and required a larger wheel. ?????
  3. that link i sent you with the buddy who has the 4 inch readylift kit .... he is running 17's???????
  4. i have heard people complain about the 3 inch rough country lift causing problems with ball joints and riding rough. if you were going to spend 1000 on the readylift 4 inch kit ... i recommend you go with the 5 inch rough country lift which is about 1000. it would look great with 33's and you could go 35's later down the road if you wanted
  5. I called ReadyLift, their 4" lift doesn't fit 17" wheels so it won't fit my truck! They said they have only qualified it on 20" wheels so far and plan to qual it on 18" wheels. Now I'm going to have to look at the rough country 3" lift I guess.
  6. no problem. if you need anything else just let me know
  7. Thanks for the info Joey!

Mike
  8. they are 285/70r17 bfg a/t's
  9. Thanks for the link Joey. Your friend has a nice truck and I might be sold on the ReadyLift 4". I assume he is running 33's, maybe a 305/70/18 or something?
  10. here is a guy and his pics ...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1818

names joey by the way
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast