GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between chevyman2004 and c_m_chance

7 Visitor Messages

1. I've seen them installed under the front seats a lot. It helps cut down on the amount of wire that you have to run which is great for A) the cost and B) the distance the current has to travel. But, under the front seats requires removing the seats so that you can mount it. So if you're not up for that, then there is always under the rear seats.
  2. i was looking at amps and what i have heard is that rockford fosgate is hard to beat. I looked at CF and they have a RF Punch 400-4 that is really highly rated but a little pricey at $299. I was just wondering how hard it is to put in an amp and where is a good spot to put it in my crew cab.
  3. The amp I got was an Alpine booster pack for the door speakers. It's the KTP-445:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NGh1jE5...ower-Pack.html

It's small enough that you can actually mount it inside the dash, which is where mine it. It definitely adds a good bit more power! And kinda surprisingly enough fo it's size too. I mean it puts out 45Wx4 when there are some full size amps that can't put out that much power. Pretty awesome little amplifier.
  4. what kind of amp did u get and where did u mount it
  5. Hey man! Ya, I got the speakers installed last week and they were sounding pretty good. Today, I just got my Alpine head unit installed and a 45Wx4 amplifier and they sound even better! Even with that amplifier, setting the head unit to "loud" mode, and cranking it all the way, they still stay VERY clear! I'm very pleased.
  6. hey c m i was wondering how ur new speakers are sounding and if u r as happy with Alpines as i am. they are soo crisp and clear it was definitely a great buy. let me know
  7. Hey bud! I just installed my speakers in my truck today. I managed to install the SPS-600 speakers in the rear doors too. I thought you might like to know incase you wanted to still put SPS-600 speakers all the way around. What I wound up doing was using the stock mounting ring that was on the stock speakers and just drilling 4mmx30mm sheet metal screws into it to hold the alpine speakers in place (same screws that come with the speakers to mount the installation rings to the doors.) They had plenty of clearance and the door panels went back on with out any problems.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7