GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between wheelman and Shorty 71

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hey thanks for compliments, ive got all my info from this place and alot of research. I only have a 2.25 inch leveling kit from readylift. After alot of research i found this to be the best product. It gives you 2.25 inches of lift in the front while all others ive looked into give you only 2 inches of lift. My wheels are 18x9 with a positive 10 offset or 5.4 inches of backspacing (those numbers are very important). My tires are 33x12.50x18. Thats the only suspension modification on the truck. I have a wife and two kids to and was also considering a 4 to 6 inch lift. Let me tell you how glad i am i didnt do the lift. The cost of a good lift is going to run you $1800 plus another $900 for install, then you have to get new wheels and tires so its really pricey. A readylift leveling kit is around $200 and install can be done by you or a mechanuc for about $200. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
  2. Hi, great looking truck. I have the same model. I had a question about your leveling kit. Is this the only modification you've made to your suspension? I've seen alot of photos with the leveling kit and 33 inch tires and yours looks the best. I was debating a 5 or 6 inch lift but after seeing your truck, I would be happy with it. My truck gets alot of family use with hauling wife and 3 kids around and I didn't want to go too extreme. But really like your truck and thanks in advance for an answer on your suspension.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2