GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between 05_Z71 and cliff334

2 Visitor Messages

1. yea he has minimal use of his left wrist and none in the right and nothing in the hands and has to use a power chair i think them type of lifts are more for manual chairs. he uses just a tri pin on the wheel and another on his right side for gas brake horn lights ect. and a touch pad for ignition and a lot of other things along with extra easy steering and the gas and brake are also motorized..but he really dont have too much movement soo that van acutally scares him haha
  2. my truck has standard handcontrols on it. it being ext cab i simply lifted the back seat up to give me room to put my chair in. what kind of condition is your bro in? ive got a couple of friends who are paraplegic that drive trucks that have lifts in the back. basically they have arms on the lift that can swing out and hook to the chair and pick it up. i like my setup though cause it stays inside the truck and doesnt get rained on. i know they make lifts now that can work on the inside as well. havent seen any in person though. that must be a sick feeling to get blown away by a big ole van haha!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2