GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between barefoot greg and TimTom64b

4 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks for responding so fast! I've arready got a tuner its a DiabloSport Predator. That makes sense that the larger mains would offer a lower tune, smaller would compress the sound making forcing it out with more intensity where as more space= less compression and hence a lower tone. I'll be runnin Hi-Flows aswell. I looked at the pics in your garage. Those headers look Cher-ree! lol
  2. I looked at the headers your looking at... those would go well with a dual inlet/outlet muffler... that way you wouldnt need the y pipe.
  3. I hope this helps.... I have the 1 7/8... they made a big difference in performance. To get the full benefit youll need a programmer. The larger piped headers will have a lower tone... which I love. The combination I have with the corsa exhaust sounds awesome. I believe for the most performance boost youll want to run a y pipe... as it will equalize pressure on all cylinders. I went with the highflow cats with mine. Also, there is a more pronounced sound with headers over stock manafolds. I have pics of my headers in my garage.
  4. savin up for headers n i got a couple questions, I was looking at the site for American Racing Headers just now which is what you've got on your truck right? It says that they fit the 4.8/5.3/ and 6.0, but they offer them in both 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" with or with out cats.

Where I'm located i believe i have to keep cats on the truck or at least replace with another set but could you offer any insight as to why they offer two different size primaries?

These are long tubes right?

Did they make much difference in power gain or change the sound much of your exhaust? I've already swapped to a 3" main that Y's off into duals that exit out the back but I was a little dissappointed with the sound, lookin for a lil more bellar and crackle, n just a touch louder wouldnt hurt.

Do you have to run true duals with this set up?

Here's the link: http://www.americanracingheaders.com...ize_Truck.html
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4