GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Conversation Between Conlan Rose and mudpuppy

4 Visitor Messages

1. lol cooking the engine or tranny i dont really worry about. if that ever happens ill just build new again. i worry about my 1 and only child being in it with me. we get some of the nastiest winters being in the midwest. that being said i ensure everything the best that i can.
  2. I was so confused when I first saw the post this morning because I didn't remember what my question was . I think I will set up my system similar to that when/if I get it done in the future. I plan to add a E-fan for each side of my grill and have a tranny cooler or oil cooler under each fan. I also believe in having an override switch in case the temp sensor fails or if I think the temps are higher than I want. Last thing you want with a truck you plan to drive for the rest of your life than is to cook your motor or tranny from a failed temp sensor.
  3. the way its currently set up is with 3 subrelays. 1 each for each fan manually controlled in the cab and the third is to engage the fans when the a/c is turned on. the trans cooler fan is ran by a cheapo adjustable probe relay. all of this is being redone once i get home while im doing the engine replacement. summit has 2 thread in thermal relays, 1 at 185on-170off and another at 195 on-180off that im going to install into the manifold and link into the current sub-relay system. as for the tranny, they also have an inline thermal relay that im going to link into the pressure side to the tranny cooler. all fans will still have manual override control in the cab. never know when any 1 or all systems will fail so overrides to me are required.
  4. How did you set up your efan system. I'm just wondering.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4