GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

raisor87

started the box

Rate this Entry
Well I don't quite have all of my material together yet for the entire build up, but I couldn't wait to get started on this new project. I will be doing this despite not having my shop any longer or a table saw or currently a router but I may not be able to stand the square edges and I need to go buy a new router anyway.

It will eventually contain two cerwin-vega vmax 12" subwoofers and be molded under the rear seat and will retain all functions of seat. The front face will stretch across the entire opening of the seat and the bottom will be fiberglass to mold perfectly to the floor contours and allow me the room I need for the subs.

I have posted a couple new pics in my album of my progress and will continue as I go. And hopefully some novice builders can see they don't need a huge shop full of tools to build a quality box and system.

The only tools I will use is a dewalt random orbit sander, a skil jig-saw, a skil circular saw, fiberglass mat and resin from autozone (I usually order that from US composites but I'm on a strict budget) and wood glue. No nails or screws will be used
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very cool, look forward to seeing the final product!
    Built several boxes for my Son and his friends, one only w/o screws/nails. Its tricky but turns out nice with the Fiberglass mat and the sanding and bondo to finish it off, are you painting it? Light kit? The Vegas will be killer, have house speakers(VS-120's) I use to use, now trying to sell them.....They Rock....