GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

Installed a new CB in the Suburban

Rate this Entry
Well, I've been wanting to do it forever, and now I finally have. I bought a Galaxy DX959 CB for the suburban and I have temporarily installed it until I can finish the console and get everything wired and tuned. I bought a Lil Wil mag-mount CB antenna to go with it just until I can find a K40 for sale.
Categories
Suburban

Comments

I like the K40 antenna but I never had good luck with them. I've owned 3 and all have been stolen. I had better luck with Firestick fiberglass antenna's, plus their easily adjustable with the top screw.
    Never heard of Galaxy radios, are they popular locally or am I just slow?
    From what I've heard, Galaxy is one of the best radios in the business. I still need to get it peaked and tuned. However, without the K40, peaking and tuning, and not even tuning for a low swr I'm reaching out pretty well. However I still plan on getting/doing all 3. I just hope I have better luck than you for having the K40 stole.
    Today I went to my uncle's house, and he and I compared radio setups. He has a Lil Wil antenna also, but has a Cobra 29 LTD Classic. I was easily picking up and transmitting back to the local truckstop where he couldn't do either. So, I'm happy so far with my radio.