GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Rush

Transmission and Transfer Case Help...

Rate this Entry
I have a 1996 Silverado 1500 4x4. I am in the process of taking out my transmission to rebuild it. In order to take it out you either have to remove your torsion bars or you can remove the transfer case to avoid the torsion bars. My friend and I decided to remove my transfer case so we dont have to deal with the bars. Yesterday i was taking the last two bolts out of my transfer case and noticed that there is a "brace" looking bar that goes from the drivers side of the case to the bottom of the truck. I need to remove it in order to take the case off. No visible screws.. I'm not sure what to do or what it is called. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I also need to find a diagram for the inside of my 4L60E transmission.. Any suggestions on where I could find one?

Thanks,
Rush

Updated 01-15-2009 at 10:37 AM by Rush

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I figures out how to get the brace off. there was a 16mm bolt right above where my driveshaft goes into the case. Feel kinda dumb i didnt see it... it was getting dark when i first looked for it though. Still need that diagram though.. Anyone know?