GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

My Recent Deuce Accessory Aquisition

Rate this Entry
This past weekend I acquired some new parts for the deuce. The first thing I got, was a pair of new troop seats. These are racks that drop into the stake pockets on the bed and fold down to provide seating for 12 or so. Then I was able to acquire in a separate deal a headache rack that connects the 2 sides of troop seats together. It has rotten wood on it, but I plan to rebuild and restore the rack to new condition by replacing the wood. My third acquisition was a cargo cover to cover the whole bed. It's pretty well used and worn, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the bows that hold the cargo cover up yet, but I have a line on some I plan to buy soon. Here's some pics of the new parts to play with...it really makes the truck look totally different in my opinion:

And for comparison, a shot of what the truck looked like before I put the troop seats on:
Categories
Deuce and a Half

Comments

Christopher look up the August 2011 4-Wheel & Off-Road magazine page 70 has a pretty good Tech artical about the M35A2 Deuce and a 1/2.
    I've heard a rumor before about burning used engine oil mixed with Diesel fuel in the engine and they make a comment about it in the article, they dont give specifics on the mix tho.
    You can actually run straight motor oil, or virtually anything else that burns, and in any mixture. About the only thing you can't run is aviation fuel. Gasoline is considered an emergency fuel and needs to be mixed with motor oil to lubricate the pump.