GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

The Rise of Black Betty!

The Story So far...

Rate this Entry
Within a few weeks of purchasing the Sierra, I was able to get a few necessities installed pretty quick. As I have short people in my Family, a nerf bar was first on my list! As this was my first black vehicle, I didn't feel like chroming it out so I went with a black powder coated set. After that I purchased the bug and window deflectors (mainly due to price and ease of installation!), and finally the last "must haves" on the list were the tonneau and bed liner. I was planning on getting a Snugfit top as that's what I had on my Silverado, but saw how light and durable the Undercover tops were and went that route. Now I know the fiberglass is a LOT more durable, but as often as I have to remove the cover for camping and whatnot, I figured the versatility of the lighter tonneau would pay for itself (which it has to date). Lastly was the Rhino Tuffgrip Spray in liner.

Now it was time for the fun stuff! Next up was the Magnaflow Duel exhaust system and the Volant CAI. As I'm not as mechanically inclined or equiped as I'd like I had to get a shop to do the exhaust, but the CAI i was able to knock out by myself...with no instructions...under two hours. Course I WOULDA used the instuctions, but I didn't realize that they were on the back of the diagram! My bad! All turned out well in the end!

Now I'm lookin to upgrade all the lighting with stuff from Recon, which should take some time due to cost restrictions (gotta put the family first!). I'd also like to replace the exhaust headers, but woefully lack knowledge as to the gains of doing so and brands to look for. The only other thing left after a possible header upgrade will be a set of Dick Cepek DC-2's with some new rubber. I did do some quick checking and noticed that I MIGHT have to lift the truck to get the new tire/wheel combo to fit properly. My only concern about that is fuel economy, as I do a LOT of driving I need every MPG I can get! Course I'd love to hear ya'lls take on that!

Updated 05-04-2011 at 01:59 AM by Drake_korthos

Categories
My Ride , Projects & Updates

Comments