GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

Living on my own

Rate this Entry
This is the first time I've ever lived on my own. I like living in the camper on my grandparents property, but at the same time, I don't. If I find anything I don't like such as lights left on, hair in the drain, smoke, etc, I know it's me. I'm a non-smoker and I think that's the biggest thing that annoys me with my roommates; they smoke in the house when they're watching movies and such. Just because you're watching a movie doesn't mean you don't have to go outside to smoke. But, I digress. It's also going to be very sucky and lonely living by myself. Whenever I'm in a house by myself I start getting paranoid and every little knock, bump, or anything somewhat frightens me. Plus I like being able to talk with my best friend simply by turning around from my desk. But, I made the descision and I can't go back now, I owe 22K in loans... So, time to make the best of it and "grow up" as it were. No matter how you slice it it's a big change for me.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just wait until you get married and have kids, then you'll wish you could go off on your own back to that camper in the woods. Enjoy it while you can. And like you pointed out its a great chance to catch up on financial obligations and maybe set something aside for later.
    There arent enough people out there these days thinking about the financial obligations they've incurred, they just walk away from them and act like it's someone elses problem.
    I'm sure after a while you'll get used to the quiet and solitude, then when you start having people around it'll be to noisy for ya.
    The plan's currently to stay single and not have any kids. How long can I keep that up, I don't know. I do think I'll get used to it, it's just quite a jarring experience to go from a pretty constant background noise to nothing. All in all I owe something around 40K in various loans, but this will hopefully give me an opportunity to catch up and eliminate those loans in a timely fashion.
    Ha ha your lucky you only owe $40,000, I am also single and that amount would just be the tip of the ice burg. I was thinking about getting a camper too, but I know I couldn't get a loan so I am stuck at home with the parents and my two annoying dogs! Hopefully you will get your stuff straightened out, good luck!
    $22k hahaha $40k? hahahahahahaha.
    Yeah Non-Smokers!!