GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Springthing

Ultimate Truck Gear Rocker Pods - Second Road Trip Is Just Around The Corner...!

Rate this Entry
Well, it's Friday. It's just after 10am. It's the 3rd of July. No big whoop. Just hanging out at the bookstore's coffee shop, browsing the GMTC, and whiling away the time before I go home, put the Suburban in the shop building and get to cleaning the wheels with polish. I've already washed and waxed it yesterday but I'm sure I'll be doing it again on Tuesday.

See, here's the thing..

I'MGOINGTOCANADAVIAROADTRIPINFIVEDAYSANDICAN'TFREA KIN'WAITCUZIT'SGOINGTOFREAKIN'ROCK!!

I'm sorry. What I meant that I will be going to Canada soon and it should really be a blast.

So much to do before the trip!

I've a second appointment with my mechanic for the truck. The one the day before yesterday was for rear brakes and rear servicing. (not THAT kind of rear servicing - get your mind out of the gutter... filthy!)

The appointment on Monday is to check on the door lock actuators and a small surging the truck does at red lights. Not looking forward to hearing the diagnosis on THAT one!

So I'm getting the truck all prettied up in the meantime. I know I'll have bug guts to wash off The Sarge before I leave on Wednesday morning so most likely on Tuesday evening I'll be washing. That means I'll also be waxing because the hard water here leaves nasty marks all over the black finish and if I'm going to wipe those up may as well kill two birds with one stone and just wax the damn thing!

But the really fun part is the packing!

Nonononono.. not the clothes and the sunscreen and the toothbrush and that. I mean PACKING THE ROCKER PODS!

Road trip means pack up the Rocker Pods full and get use out of them!

So! In the back of the truck I'll have the suitcase, big tackle box and road trip provisions. That's it.

Which leaves me to load up the RPs!

Jumper cables!
SAE and metric socket set!
Pliers!
Screw drivers of different kinds!
Wire cutters!
Electrical tape!
Tow strap!
Extra windshield washer fluid!
Tow bars!
Wheel lug wrench!
Small pry bar!
Multimeter!
Gloves!

And... then of course the stuff that I'll use for filler/fun.. fishing rods, glass cleaning wipes, leather protectant wipes, liquid paste wax (Thanks Joe! (aka Flashvan) that stuff works great!), clean cloths, smaller, soft-case tackle box, and whatever else I can find to bring along. I have NO shortage of space, that's for sure.

I've got a few surprises yet in store for Doberman. Muahahahahaaa!!! This is going to rock. He's got no idea what I've done!

Oh! And this past week I've finally ordered a CB Radio! Read about THAT experience here.

This. Should. Be. Awesome!

Wish me luck!

Updated 07-03-2009 at 10:54 AM by Springthing

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments