GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

The Rise of Black Betty!

Diablew Tuning II

Rate this Entry
Well I've finally installed the first of Lew's tunes! So far it has definitely improved the performance of the truck! The stock Trinity 87 Octane tune was a lot more aggressive on the shift points (VERY hard shifting), where as Lew's tune has smoothed out the shifting. He may have smoothed it out, but it still shifts a LOT more quickly than stock! I've also noticed a more smooth engine performance throughout the RPM range, which is nice! I'm expecting a slight MPG gain because of this, if I can just keep my foot off the gas! Again, I can't believe how much more responsive Betty is now!!
After I've driven with this first tune I'll send have to data log the truck again, send it to Lew, and install an even more refined tune. So far, this has definitely been money well spent! If anybody is still thinkin about it, I'd highly recommend pullin the trigger on one of Lew's deals! It may take some time to really see the results (due to having to drive 100 miles or so between tunes), but in the end you'll be happy you did!
I'll have another update in a week or so after the next set of fine tuning!

Comments