GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Shifting gears

Me Oh My Wasn't That a Party.........

Rate this Entry
hey every one.... long day today,,,, I woke up it was raining cold and nasty out side... so i went to back to bed..
when i reawaken it was sunny and the temp was rising .... so i went out to fix the exhaust on the old Kabota Trctor... 8 bolts new parts will be a breeze.. been soaking the bolts with BOLTOUT,,, for a week now,,,, twice a day....
first five slick as baby goose snit .... snapped the last three on the first pull on the ratchet..... so sad so mad....
now i eased all eight manifold bolts out or the block,,,,,manifold in shop and now had to drill out and tap in new 12 mm g8 in old cast........ this morning sucks..... they say here that if its windy on a day like this which it is.... the rest of the day blows.... as it did......... but there is always a but even if its your butt .......we did start to scrap out a new used truck ..... its a 1990 3 ton intersmashup(international) i bought it in an auction last fall..... way up north site unseen.... we went to get it in a snow storm .... boosted it and drove it home... 4 hours drive .....
we never shut it off,,,,,,, parked it in November and went out today, new batteries, new fuel filters, bled the fuel system un corked it...... steam cleaned it...... found the leaks and fixes ordered the parts,,, tested the Air , Brakes, Pto Hoist, washed...OMG its white and peals Blue...... washed the inside with 1500 psi...... will repeat all washes in the morning and pull it ito the shop ... this weekend it will receive every thing and all it needs to work on monday morning........ and on monday it will be hauling........
Mystic's day sucked as well..... we now have removed the cow snit smell... she don't like the truck no more... she was always scetchy on it anyways as it was an intersmashup and not a gm.........

Ohhh ...what it would be to live a dogs life.....
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was a Millwright (industrial mechanic) for 28 years and I found that heating a bolt or nut several times, letting it cool and reheat causes the surfaces to break. Another good penetrant is one called Aerocroil. I swear by it! But the heat thing almost always works!
    Your blog posts are a trip to read ... lol. Keep writing them.
    your blog posts are a trip, keep writing
    Great articles in your blog posts, keep them coming!