GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

nikkeshelton

Edge Programer

Rate this Entry
I installed an Edge Programer on my truck, Was to jerky when shifting for me. Runs like hell though! Don't know if the extreme mode was responsible for the shift problems or the speed sensor on my grar vendor box. I just left the programer on "normal" mode now.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Noticed very rough shifting (jerking) when I installed the 87 Octane tune with my Trinity. After I had a custom tune done, I noticed the shifting became a lot more smooth. Shifting was still aggressive as with the canned tune, but had been smoothed out. If you're able, I'd look into purchasing a custom tune to refine the programming. Good luck!
    When you run the Edge programmers in the extreme modes:or towing heavy loads::: you should always take the time and retrain the transmission.. and also make sure that your torque converter can handle the tune..... I have the evolution CTS installed and have not yet taken it to the top end tunes .... but it is unbelievable in the eco, tow, and performance 1 mode..... one day soon i will try the performance 2 mode. and then when the tires, torque converter have been replaced with ones that will Actually handle the extreme tunes i will unlock them....