Caught up with 2 Years Worth of Projects
by, 08-25-2009 at 02:35 PM (1322 Views)
Well, I finally caught up with 2 years worth of projects that I have been meaning to get done, but needed another person to help me complete them. I changed my front brakes, greased the front bearings, replaced the hood release cable, and replaced the heater core on Saturday. I still need to replace my brake hoses because they are rotting out and my ball joints. Then I'm on to a front end rebuild and hopefully swapping the entire drivetrain and suspension out with 3/4 ton parts and possibly moving up to 4 wheel drive.
I have been investigating the 3/4 ton upgrade some recently and I've found out some interesting things. First, my entire K member assembly just bolts onto the frame, so swapping out to a 3/4 ton front end should be relatively simple: unbolt the old one and wheel it out, and wheel the new one in and bolt it in. The rear end is getting upgraded to 3/4 ton by replacing the leafs with new 1/2 ton leafs, adding in air ride air bags to help offset the weight, and swapping out to a 14 bolt axle.
Well, I'm getting tired of typing at the moment, so I'll save the rest for a blog post later...