GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

bigbasschevy

project so far (2000 chevy silverado)

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by bigbasschevy View Post
here is a quick view of what i have been working on. i have upgraded the charging system with a DC Power 300SPX (300+ Amps at 1800rpm, 220+ amps at idle), many feet of 1/0 high strand power wire from alternator to battery positive, battery to ground, and engine to ground. The alternator-battery charge wire is fused with a 250 amp fuse. when the new amp gets here i will upgrade to a 300 amp fuse. A yellowtop battery and 2 stinger volt meters (on the right hooked up to amplifier, left to alternator). in the near future i will be adding 2-3 kinetic d3100 batteries to power a DC Audio 5.0k amplifier (5500 watts rms) pushing 2 15" ascendant audio mayhems. then an aftermarket security system (i am very open to suggestions by the way). at the moment i just have 2 kicker 12" subs and a hifonics brutus 1100 watt amp. voltage drop is 0.5-0.7 at full tilt trying to cook the voice coils. not bad at all for just 1 battery! anyways. there she is. and please pardon the mess. i have been working on her and will get better pics and video when she is done.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images        

Updated 04-25-2012 at 12:40 AM by bigbasschevy

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, that's a project and a half. Please don't drive up next to me when I'm driving my kid around the block at night to get him to go to sleep.
    the only time i bump is during the day in industrial parts of town/highway, almost never at red lights, and never ever in residential areas. since i work night shift i have to have something to do to keep my hands busy when no one is awake! haha. i do have to admit though...i have blasted the tunes at stop lights if i see someone texting or talking on their cell phone, or doing other stupid things such as smoking with a child in the car. i have been called in to work too many times to fix people that were texting and/or talking while driving. anyways, your ears are safe from me! i try to be a very considerate basshead .
    Looks good and I'm sure it sounds even better, got plans for cleaning up the wiring?
    Im working on getting that mess cleaned up haha. It is bad...functional but bad lol.