GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Shifting gears

Trucks and Dogs... Away of life......

Rate this Entry
So we were working in the shop yesterday, on a truck Mystic was by my side as usual waiting for me to finnish, so she could hitch a ride on the test drive....
Now we live in Saskatchewan the land of the living skies, but the flattest place on earth.... No really,,, you can see the sun set for hours, the sun rises at 4 am and sets around 10 pm, it makes for long summer days, of course in the winter it's reverse we only get maybe 7 or 8 hours of light......
Anyway back to the shop and the truck.... we were having some issues with the carb, so i removed it and cleaned it up,,, I had a small container i used to dump the gas into and set it on the bench, well the truck turned out fine we set the carb and took off for a test drive.....
upon returning to the shop the young fellow that takes care of the shop was sweeping up, and getting ready for the next job on the list of to do's he must have put that container by the door to dispose of.........
we pulled up Mystic jumps out and heads towards the pile of sweepings to investigate, and make sure we are not tossing any good stuff... and there was the container of gas,,, and she pounds it back like a thirsty cowboy at a saloon....... she turns and takes off out the shop door, and kicks into gear... she is gone,,, across the field she went.. at mock 7 and a few more gears to go,,,, with in seconds she just looked like a small white dot plowing through the stubble field.... the young fellow and me were just watching, when she DROPPED!!!! dead stopped,,, the young fellow swelled up with tears and with a wimper and quivering lip said "OMG i killed Mystic",,,,, I just looked at him and said " no worries mate she just ran out of gas"

Oh what it would be to live a dogs live............
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments