GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Chevy Truck Forum

Car Accident Goes to Small Claims

Rate this Entry
Farmers Insurance gave me a settlement offer of just over $500 for the accident. That's a laughable joke and honestly very insulting. So I had no choice but to file a small claims suit against the driver who pulled out in front of me. Things go pretty quick for this type of case they told me, so I should have a date and time in less than a month.

Comments

Sorry to see it had to come to this. My understanding was she wasnt the hold out on her insurance properly paying you, but I know with these type cases you have file against her.
    Yeah, that's procedural for these types of things actually. she caused the accident so I have to take her to court ... in Texas she will just hand the case over to Farmers and they will pay an attorney to go down there ... probably cost them $1500 to fight it when all is said and done, plus I'll win and will get court costs plus a day off work so it will add up to another $2k on top of everything else.
    so what happened with this case?

i got screwed by the insurance company when a commercial vehicle ( box truck )
    had a mechanical failure and plowed into my van totaling it.
    the police didnt give him a ticket or put it in the report that his steering gear box
    master bolt to the pitman arm fell out & was dangling on the ground ( dug trench in pavement !! ).

they held out & only paid $2100 for it, said it had been in an accident before.
    all that HAD happened was i filed a police report because someone used a
    screw driver to break open the door to steal stuff...