Originally Posted by TimTom64b
Ordered my O2 sensors, header bolt kit and other necessities for the install. Hopefully will have these installed in a week or two.
I started my installation today... Have most of the old exhaust removed. Found a broken header bolt on the drivers side. Hopefully I should have the drivers side installed within the hour.
I have finished the install... less moving the positive wire to the starter... it is a little too close to the header for my comfort. anyway... the installation went pretty smooth. My only complain ts so far is that the Y pipe did not extend all the way back to the rear pipes... I had to reuse the section of pipe from the stock exhause with the flange... and that the headers on the passenger side are a little tight to the frame...~1 inch. I could not wait to hear what it sounds like... so I fired it up. There is quite abit difference in sound. The biggest I can tell right away... is you can hear pretty much each cylinde fire... a little more poppy like when you have a cam. I will try and post a recording and some pics of it later. So far no dummy lights have been triggered....
Sorry I have not gotten to post any pics.... just been really busy lately. Anyway here is an update... I am really satisfied with the headers... definately added more ponies and different tone to the exhaust. I did run into a problem though... I kept getting lean touble codes. I had problems with the bullydog not providing the best mixture for my implementation... it would run lean on the low rpms and rich when getting into it blowing black smoke. I emailed bullydog for help and they never even responded to me. So i got pissed and ordered a diablosport trinity... I installed it and it to ran lean... but the nice thing is I could adjust the settings to fit my application. I adjusted the timing, fuel pressure and wala... the truck really came to life. The performance is awesome really slams you in the seat and climb for ever. Reminds me of my hotrod days. I am really happy with the results.