GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Springthing

Ultimate Truck Gear Rocker Pods - Real World Use Update!

Rate this Entry
Weeeeeelll... it's been not quite a year since installing the Rocker Pods from Ultimate Truck Gear. Wow. Just... wow!

Florida.. Canada.. Vegas.. numerous trips to St. Louis, and countless local trips. I can only estimate but I believe I've gone about 20,000 miles since their installation last May(ish). If I went out side and cleaned them up with the hose right now - they would look like they were just installed yesterday. I kid you not!

They have gone through water, snow, ice, dusty roads, bumps, pot holes, shopping cart hits, car door hits, and been put through their paces in any way I could think of, barring extreme offroading. The contents have all stayed dry, dust free, and the RPs themselves have come out of it all in GREAT shape!

They've been used to hold tools, fire extinguisher, fishing rods and tackle, tow straps, jumper cables, and trip-specific items - anything from towels, cloths and show shine for Vegas to storing extra CDs and DVDs for the grand-daughter that went with me to Canada.

I don't know what else to say other than I'm extremely impressed with how they've held up.

Feel free to look in my Photo Album at the most recent pictures and have a look. You'll find the RPs to be in good shape - despite them being dirty!

So I'm happy to report that they have been holding up quite well, I'm still extremely glad I got them, and am still getting looks every time I go out!

Just a quick update!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good to hear that they are still holding together for you, I figured the road salt would have eaten them alive. Your trucks looking real good from what I saw in your album, and I was kind of shocked to see that you still had that Range Rover front end on your truck. If I remember right you were thinking about taking that off, at any rate it looks like you have been working hard on your truck.
    Thanks for the post! I had actually never seen or heard of these until I saw a picture of 1st Synthetics's ride in the Red Truck picture thread. They caught my eye to say the least. This is definitely something I'm going to look into. Like Steve mentioned in another post, they look great on that suburban. Overall, I like what you've done with it. Those certainly add to its ruggedness and utility.