GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

Update on Michelin HydroEdge Tires

Rate this Entry
Well, it's been about a month or so since I got the Michelin HydroEdge tires on my Ion. I very much like them!

These tires were a little pricy at $115 a piece, but they are a tire rated for 90,000 miles and are a top-rated tire for rain on tirerack.com.

Many years back I had a scare in a previous car where I lost traction on a went onramp and spun out. Ever since then, I have felt very uncomfortable on wet roads. I feel the tires trying to cut through the water on the concrete, and trying to hydroplane on them. Well, these HydroEdges cut through the water sitting on the road very well, thereby keeping the contact with the road much better. The first day I had the tires I purposely drove in the deep water built up in the ruts of the road to try to test the tires, and they did great! I would definitely reccomend these tires to anyone looking for an excellent rain tire.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's good to hear a good review about Michelin tires, because the set i had on my S10 were horrible. Hopefully they give you a better piece of mind than your last tires, keep us updated on your driving experiences with them.
    Huh, that's odd. I've never had anything but good experiences with Michelin. I had a pair of Michelin Harmonys on the car along with a pair of BFGoodrich somethings. I have Michelin LTX M/S tires on the Suburban, and BFGoodrich TA/KO All-Terrains on the Bronco. The Michelins have a softer rubber compound which provide a smoother ride, at the cost of being damaged easier due to eating curbs, nails, and other road hazards.

Quick side note: BFGoodrich is essentially a cheaper Michelin and is made on the same production lines as Michelin.
    I have a friend who says he got 130,000 miles with his HydroEdges on his VW Jetta.