GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Chevy Truck Forum

2010 Chevy Traverse Review | First thoughts

Rate this Entry
Today I got my hands on the 2010 Chevy Traverse for a week-long review. Here are are few of my thoughts up front.

2010 Chevy Traverse Review

The Traverse has excellent styling, loads of room inside (6 or 7 passangers) and all the features that you want in one of these vehicles. Yes, they have taken over the spot of the midsize SUV, such as the Chevy Trailblazer, and you will notice much more car-like handling and MPG.

One of the drawbacks in the Traverse for me is legroom, I was very surprised to find that I was cramped behind the wheel, have difficulty getting my foot squarly on the brake pedal and find that the steering wheel does not go up far enough. I actually struggle to see the DIC console in the dashboard.

I LOVE the DIC (Driver Information Center)

The Driver Information Center is one of those interfaces to the car that is just long overdue and it should have been part of cars and trucks for 50 years. In the old days we just had DATA from gauges, such as oil pressure, fuel level and your speedometer. Now, we have INFORMATION such as tire pressure, oil tempuature, fuel range and average MPG. It makes the driving experience so much more interactive and it actually makes me want to hit the highest MPG that I can get.

Not the best fuel economy

Maybe it's the fact that I just got out of a full-sized Chevy Silverado 1500 HYBRID that netted me over 20 MPG in city driving that I am feeling a bit let down. I had hoped to get more city MPG out of the Traverse, but it looks like it will be maybe 14-16 in town, which isn't terrible.

Keep your eyes peeled for photos, more notes and a full review later in the week.

Comments

Initial MPG is averaging around 16.5. This is the LTZ model with AWD, so that probably affects the overal economy.
    I'm continuing my 1 week review of the Traverse. So many great features inside here such as all of the storage space, fold-in mirrors, entertainment system and more. It's got WAAAAAY more power than it needs and if it were toned down then it would probably get much higher MPG. There may be aftermarket tuners that will get this done.
    Sounds nice,, in a car like way,, but the Trail Blazer platfrom will be missed,, I have seen some sweet rides built on that platform.
    Updated 07-18-2010 at 10:40 AM by ewmassey (miss spelled word)
    Overall, I am super impressed by the Chevy Traverse, there are some major plusses, some plusses and a couple of slight minuses overall in the vehicle. The handling is wonderful, instant throttle response equal to a sports sedan, enough room to carry SEVEN people with a cup holder for each one to boot.