GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Classic Styling, Modern Technology

The Bronco Got a Brother!

Rate this Entry
Yesterday, my Bronco had a new brother show up. He's slightly younger than his older sibling, but in much better condition body-wise. It's a 1993 Ford Bronco XLT. It's got the 5.0L EFI engine, an E4OD transmission, Borg-Warner 1356 transfer case, and a Ford 8.8 under the rear and a Dana 44 TTB under the front. He's got 214 thousand and some change miles on him. Currently doesn't start, but should once I change the battery cables and chase down some other electrical issues. It also needs a tuneup and some other miscellaneous sensors, parts, motors, etc. For $300, I think it was well worth the cash. Pictures to follow later on!
Categories
Ford Bronco

Comments

Sounds like you got a great deal.
    Tim, perhaps it isn't as much of a hot deal as I originally thought. It's looking like it's going to need a new fuel pump, plus the normal tune-up that comes with buying a new used vehicle. I temporarily fixed the battery cables, but they will need new ones before too long.
    Even if you have to do some work to get it on the trail it's still a good deal, theres a lot of decent heavy duty parts on that truck that'll make it a great trail runner once its been gone over.
    It might take time and more money than you want to invest right now but you still got a lot of good parts.