GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

Irving

Lifter Noice (When warming up)

Rate this Entry
2006 5.3L Silverado truck has been running with out a hitch until now @ 140k miles, I first noticed that the oil level would fluctuate +/- half a bar (on the gauge). When its cold or idling at its low point, once the engine reaches optimum temperature + at 1800rpm its back to normal. Before the oil pressure would always be stuck right smack in the middle.

Then suddenly, i started to hear lifter noise, not the usual multiple lifter noise when you start the engine in the morning, however one lifter (possibly two) starts knocking only (and always) after water temp reaches optimum level however it goes away after oil reaches temperature and optimal pressure level. I never hear it again unless the Engine is off for another 6+ hours. ...and again i turn the engine on its quiet, until a few minutes after water temp reaches temp, then lifter noice starts and when oil pressure reaches pressure (or temp) the noice goes away. Like clock work.

Castrol Oil every 3k miles without miss, and now im using Mobile1, I also took it in to do a crank case detergent wash, since i had heard that is possible that one of the lifters is clogged???

Help? anyone have this experiance? Am my looking at houndreds or thousands?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments