GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
View RSS Feed

nikkeshelton

Vinyl Bumper Wrap?

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by nikkeshelton View Post
You can do it! I first tried a 6'x5' sheet and failed miserably! So I started practicing on small parts, you will learn from you mistakes. But by doing small parts first the loss is small. But you will find that you will succeed more time than not. I did my steering wheel inserts next and they came out fine. Them I attempted my dash and it went well....got frustrated a few times but by going slow and doing small you will learn the tricks that will help for bigger stuff. I'm doing my rear chrome bumper parts in the carbon vinyl. I like to take the part off so I can wrap the edges but they (e-bay) a cutting tape that you outline your part with before you lay the vinyl down and then you pull a cutting thread and it trims up as close as you got the tape. Good Luck!

- - - Updated - - -

That looks really good!

- - - Updated - - -

Also using a heat gun (or hair dryer) you can stretch and form the vinyl, little at a time and you can rework the stuff quite a bit without it looking bad.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Where are you sourcing your vinyl sheets from?
    I tried one of the larger Hobby stores out here but all they had was small sheets of vinyl the largest being 2'x3', I was going to stop at a company I pass by on my way to work that does vinyl graffic wraps but I suspect they only get rolls which will be to much product for me to use and the price will probably be high.
    Think you could shoot some in progress pics on your next project?