GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Keep it clean!

1. FergusonT
    FergusonT
    I have come to the conclusion that: #1 Black looks the best on almost any vehicle. #2 Black is the hardest to keep clean.

I live out in the country where tractors are constantly going up and down the roads, and all the roads are paved. So they bring all that dirt and sand out into the road...and there is no point in trying to keep my vehicles clean. I have 2 black vehicles.....I just have to wash them about once or twice a month because it would be a 2nd job just to keep them clean! I also had a black motorcycle....that was no fun either.
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. murdog94
    murdog94
    I agree, about the clean part.. I dont have a black truck anymore, but still belong to the group because i like the way it looks on chevy trucks.
  3. FergusonT
    FergusonT
    Yeap....the dirt doesn't look too bad as long as it doesn't get too far for too long.
  4. rip5164
    rip5164
    I must agree with this. The black trucks absolutely look the best when clean. My friends and neighbors make fun of me because I clean my truck at least once a week. It's killing me right now as I haven't had time to wash her after getting back from our trip to the Smokey Mountains. Another fun Friday night for my baby.......
  5. murdog94
    murdog94
    But they atake a lot to keep clean and if you live on a dirt road its just not possible... Ive been there with that.
  6. rip5164
    rip5164
    Juat got done detailing. Washed her last night then went over her today with the detailer, did windows, tires and interior. Need to do the truxedo cover tomorrow. Trying to get the wife to trade cars tomorrow as I leave for work at 4:15am and every bug in the Midwest dive bombs my truck. After a two day wash process I want it to last at least one day before it's dirty again.
    How do you guys feel about bug deflectors? I didn't want to get one on this truck but I've got so many rock chips it's crazy. I don't think that the 3M stuff will give enough protection to make the cost worthwhile.
  7. Als09Sierra
    Als09Sierra
    My neighbors are mostly older, original homeowners in the area. They think I'm nuts because I clean mine almost every week. It looks great when it's clean though. Plus, they don't know what it means to own a black truck.
  8. FergusonT
    FergusonT
    Yeah I am interested in doing a bug deflector, I notice the nose of the hood is getting all messed up. I just washed the 'burb the other day, there is just too much to wash on that thing, its like washing a bus!....and then It just gets dirty on all the back roads where I live. Its harvest season so I know the tractors are gonna be out. I can look out my front window at a vast blueberry farm...and corn about a mile down the road, then like 5 more farms on the way to work. I love my drive to work through the country but sometimes its like d@mn....
  9. murdog94
    murdog94
    Well a bug shield will help some but with that much truck the hood is gonna get covered no matter what you do. and sadly it does nothing to keep bugs off of the windshield.
  10. rip5164
    rip5164
    I'm not so worried about the windsheild or flat of the hood. What stands out the most is the leading edge of the hood and where the rocks take out chips. I think that I'll look for a good formed deflector that's not too obtrusive.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast